Tuesday, October 20, 2015

My Family's Story

Severe Depression runs in my family.

From my mom's side, almost everyone has it. All of my uncle's and most of my cousins. Definitely my grandparents. Depression doesn't run through this family, it bleeds.

From my dad's side, a few people have it. Some of my uncle's and some of my cousins. Definitely my grandparents. Depression takes a leisurely stroll through this family.

My mother has had severe depression since she was in high school/college. I know that she has always had a hard time. She's been taking "happy pills" for as long as I can remember. She's wanted to run away from the family. I didn't understand this, until I did. Running away seems like the perfect answer.
My dad has had situational depression since college. He has severe migraines, some weird neurological problems, and just plain bad luck. Technically, it's impossible to inherit bad luck. Unfortunately, I inherited his bad luck.
My sister has been diagnosed with depression since high school. Apparently she was suicidal at one point. Mom got her help. Now she's in college, and doing great.
My brother... I love my brother. He has some severe disabilities and diabetes. Lots of issues can arise from having very severe disabilities. So really, my brother is basically predetermined for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment