Thursday, October 29, 2015

A Letter to my Dad

There was one day, right after you found out about my depression, and we were talking. And you said, "Pretending is how you know you're getting better." Like because I am pretending, it means I am getting better. I didn't know how to tell you this, but you are wrong. Pretending, and having that vision of me break down, is how I knew that I was getting worse.

I told you it was getting worse, hoping that you would ask more questions. But you didn't. I would have told you then and there everything, had you just asked.

I would have told you that I am suicidal.
I would have told you that I am cutting.
I would have told you that I hate myself.
I would have told you that I can't keep myself together.
I would have told you everything.
But you didn't ask.

I don't blame you though. You didn't ask because you didn't know that you needed to ask. It's because I never really gave you a reason to ask.

Through my entire life, I've been hiding from you. I've been hiding how I really feel from you. Which is funny, because that means that I have been hiding nothing. When you feel nothing, I guess you really just hide... nothing.

I am sorry that I never told you. I'm sorry that I never gave you a reason to ask. I'm sorry I'm not the daughter you want me to be. I'm sorry I'm not the daughter that I want to be.

I'm sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment